Perhaps more than anything, I miss your political analysis. It may seem odd to those who didn't know you well, but many (Evie, Suzanne) will understand. You loved small p politics. You were a critical thinker. I haven't known what to think about a lot of the atrocities going on in the world since you haven't been here to debate the issues (Donald Trump - well yes, no brainer - he's an abomination). I had no idea how I would miss that about you!
I miss you as a grandpa. You should have been at Savannah's first roller derby bout, cheering her on. She is amazing! I miss the grandkids jumping on the couch as you played Allygator by ZZ Top on your iPod. I know they miss that too. Y'know- I've charged your iPod twice since you died, but I've yet to play any of the songs. I just can't.
I had no idea about the little things that would change after you died. You always made coffee. You always made sure we had batteries for whatever real or perceived disaster might occur - mostly perceived.
No comments:
Post a Comment